Lynchburg Revival

April 7, 2018

IRD Attends Red Letter Christian “Revival” in Lynchburg

8 Responses to IRD Attends Red Letter Christian “Revival” in Lynchburg

1. Stuart Sherman says:

The “Revivalists” speaking out against abortion? Never gonna happen!! The Left will not give that up.

2. Josh says:

So . . . what did Shane say?

I hope that there is more coming than this brief write-up. As far as saying that fallen soldiers are victims instead of heroes, that is not a bad thing. If you think that some of the “wars” and conflicts fought recently (or in the past) were only motivated by a desire to “defend” the country, then . . . you’re pretty naive.

My brother-in-law served during the Iraqi invasion and the stress and fallout that serving there had on his family was heartbreaking. And what was the purpose of all that? What about the Halliburton scandal?

I am sure that I would disagree with a lot of what was said at this “revival” but I am glad that we have the freedom of speech to say such things. You need to be more fair in your reporting. What did you agree with? Why did you agree with it? You were offended by some of the speech because of your husband is a military officer . . . that’s understandable. But was there any truth to what was said. Hopefully, a more nuanced report will be given.

3. al says:

“Revival?”

Claiborne should have invited someone like Paul Washer.

4. Wiley S. Drake says:

Praying for you Folks

5. Wiley S. Drake says:

Praying for you

6. Dan says:

This wasn’t a revival, it was a publicity stunt. I drove past Liberty University on Saturday afternoon and saw nothing, except the building cranes that accompany the boom in building new facilities for Liberty’s rapid expansion. I checked the Lynchburg News and Advance web site expecting this story to be top news. Flash — it was not. The story was relegated to bottom right on the main page, and even that was only a link to another page where I found out that the great mass of people gathered at the E. C. Glass high school auditorium numbered an unimpressive 150.

Like I said, merely a publicity stunt to try and make it look like something bigger. Instead of the Red Letter Revival maybe they should call it the puffer revival or puffed up revival.

7. Garry Hogue says:

Thank you for attending the event and keeping us informed. Jeremiah 29:5-7 is probably lost on a crowd like that.