nabeel-qureshi-youtube-update-radiation-cancer

May 5, 2017

Bestselling Christian author and speaker Nabeel Qureshi shared some devastating news about his fight against aggressive, Stage IV stomach cancer. In a video blog posted to YouTube on Thursday afternoon entitled “The Radiation Didn’t Work” (embedded below), Qureshi shared the results of a test he received earlier that day. The test showed that the cancer had spread, despite radiation treatment and previous success reducing his tumor.

“This is about the worst news we’ve received since we were first diagnosed, and the cancer is now worse than when we were first diagnosed,” Qureshi said.

Best known for his books Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus and No God but One, Qureshi presents the Gospel and Christian apologetics to Muslims on behalf Ravi Zacharias Ministries. He shares from his own experience, having converted from Islam to Christianity encountering Jesus Christ in college.

Qureshi, who himself graduated from medical school before pursuing advanced theological training, noted in his video that doctors gave him about four percent odds of survival when he was first diagnosed. However, he had now reached nearly “zero percent hope” of healing medically speaking.

But Qureshi still held onto hope for a miracle from the Lord. He said like Lazarus, God’s plan could be intervening only after reaching the very worst point. Miraculous healing would clearly be for God’s glory since “we’re kind of past the point of medical treatment.”

“So that’s what I’m praying for: that God is aiming to glorify Himself even more through what’s going to happen,” Qureshi said. “I’m waiting for that and hoping for that.”

Qureshi remains determined to continue fighting the cancer through all possible means. He says he plans to explore more alternative and experimental treatments. “But my hope is still in the Lord,” so he also plans to pray fervently. He said he would update his viewers next week when he found out more regarding further possible treatment options.

He later added: “Regardless, thank you for all your prayers. I think now is the time to double down.” He said he understood if some wanted to “invest your prayers” elsewhere. “But for those of you who have the wherewithal to continue, please do continue to pray.”

“I’ve received many, many words saying that God intends to heal me. I haven’t given up on that yet,” Qureshi said. He admitted that those prophetic impressions “could all be wrong,” but was praying that “even one of them is right” about God’s plan for healing.

“Until then, let’s pray and see what God does,” Qureshi said before closing his video with a prayer. During his prayer, he thanked God for the prayers of his friends and family.

In a particularly emotional section, he said he knew his wife Michelle and God’s ministry would manage to continue without him, but he prayed that God would heal him for the sake of his young daughter Aya.

“I don’t think a daughter should be without her father,” he prayed to God. “And so we ask the perfect Father, Who is merciful and good, we ask You God to have mercy and to give us the good outcome of miraculous healing.”

Previously Qureshi insisted one central reason that he “can’t lose hope” is because of Aya. “There’s a lot on the line, especially my daughter,” he said. “I don’t want her to grow up fatherless. So we keep praying, we keep pushing, keep doing what we can.”

49 Responses to Update on Nabeel Qureshi’s Cancer: “Radiation Didn’t Work,” Praying for “Miraculous Healing”

1. Lynn says:

Thank you for sharing your journey. Since my husband and I read your book we’ve been following you on FB. We felt so sad to hear this latest news. After pondering for over a day now I have felt such gratitude for your example of continued love for our Saviour. Your book and continued life example has made us stronger in our faith and has changed how we view our world and the people in it. We’ll never give up praying for the desire of our hearts for you Nabeel and your family.

2. Abraham. Thomas says:

I have been praying for him, and I will continued to pray for a miracle in his case. May GOD ‘s will be done.

3. Susan and Gary Blockley says:

My husband and I are praying for miraculous healing of your cancer. Please don’t ever give up hope!!

4. Roberto Flores says:

I have no words that can offer comfort brother, but just a humongous hug (if I were beside you now). May the HOLY SPIRIT grant you abundant GRACE to assuage your suffering, and OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST exalt HIS HOLY NAME in your testimony. I love you and GOD speed to you and your family!

5. Cris says:

You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I share how overwhelming it may be to be given the prognosis you received. Please try to listen to Joseph Prince. He encourages daily communion, seeking physical and spiritual healing from Jesus’ body and blood. Seek your healing by invi1ting Jesus body and blood every day, in you. He recognizes the importance of modern medicine and technology but alongside it wants us to focus on His healing power. I am nowhere close to your knowledge of the scripture but trust only in my faith. I will continue to pray for miracle of healing in your life. (Sorry, earlier message had wrong wording.]

6. Deb Ridder says:

Nabeel God woke me up early this am around 5 am with this verse which I am sharing with you.
    Ps. 18: 3
    I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies. I will call upon the Lord.
    *I remember singing this in church many years ago! I love singing scripture back to the Lord. He empowers us thru it!
    My prayer is that you will feel God doing something that no doctor will be able to deny!

7. Alfredo C says:

We need you Brother.
    Don’t give up.

8. judith says:

Hi Bro Nabeel,
    for a long time since i knew you i guess i just remmber now to watch debates again then i only know now about your health problem. I am sorry for that but we all know that this is part of God’s plan for you so that through your life He will be glorified. I will pray for you that God the great healer will heal you in Jesus name.

9. Nabeel, I have been such a follower of you, from the 1st time I heard your testimony!! I am praying for a miracle!!
    God will heal you either on Earth or in Heaven. You have left your mark on so many people and so many have come to Christ because of you. You have “fought the good fight”…may you be “GRACED OUT” during this time!!
    God doesnt make mistakes and He makes children resisilient!! LOVE IN THE LORD!!

10. Debby Bailey says:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give this message to Nabeel! While I am praying and preparing to fast for him and his family, I really want to give him some bullets against this thing. I know he is a scholar, but what we know is based on what Holy Spirit reveals through God’s Word at His discretion – meaning, sometimes we can read a passage several times, then come back and read it later and Holy Spirit shows us something we have never seen before. Jesus teaches us what He wants us to know at the time He wants us to learn it. It is then that He opens our understanding. I said all that to say — I feel very led by the Lord to give Nabeel some scriptures that I want him to quote resolutely without fail – no matter what he feels like, no matter what it looks like. I received my husband back from death with some of these scriptures. He had a sudden death heart attack and was dead 37 minutes. I spent days hearing (but not listening to) negative reports and comments from doctors and well-meaning relatives. I told them they were wrong, that he would live and he would not be brain-damaged. Holy Spirit had dropped faith and fierce determination in my heart and there was nothing anyone could say to change it. I quote these scriptures and similar ones, with ferocity to this day for myself because I was diagnosed with MAC lung disease and after chemotherapy for a year the enemy wants to bring it back, but God will not allow it. As a basis for God’s prescription (His Word), I submit John 6:63 which states: “It is the Spirit which quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I (Jesus) speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are life.” So here are some powerful ones: Psalm 118:17 I shall not die but live, and will proclaim what the LORD has done. Romans 3:4 …let God be true, and every man a liar…(even doctors) Psalm 107:20 He sent His Word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. (Personalize these with “I” instead of “they”.) There are many other scriptures similar to these. Tell him to get his wife and family in on it. Please tell him also to “put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness” because “God inhabits the praises of His people”. Jesus came to destroy the works of the evil one and we are to do the same. PLEASE share this with him. PLEASE put this sword in his hand – “the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God”. Nabeel is your fellow soldier. The enemy has knocked him down. PLEASE help him up and hand him his sword again.

11. Edward John says:

Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
    Psalms 103:3 KJV
    We as a family praying for a complete healing and our God is able just surrender into his hands and he will take care.

12. Gaie Aslett says:

May the Lord bless you and keep you and grant you His Glorious Peace

13. Jules Frost says:

Praying with you! I’m in the hospital with my younger sister who is battling ovarian cancer. Let us continue to pray boldly with expectation that it has already been done! Let us not be discouraged… May God be glorified through your healing and hers!

14. Elena Workman says:

PRAYERS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY NABEEL..
    FOR STRENGTH AND UNDERSTANDING AND LOVE..IN CHRIST JESUS NAME.

15. Donmann says:

Hold fast brother God is still on the throne. I plead the blood of Christ over you and your Family. Start thinking God for his healing I am praying with you and thousands of others that are standing in the Gap so run your race and lets finish the course.

16. Jack Buckingham says:

I am a Christian and pass this that your faith would be strengthened. Daniel 4:17-18. This scripture is yours. In your testimony on You-Tube, you asked God why did He not kill you right after you were saved? He answered, it is not about you, it’s about the millions of lost. And just before you were saved, you said, if He would show you that He IS God, you said you would serve Him in any hardship (or similar words, I can not find the exact quote.) I say this to inspire you to finish the race strong, to remember that moment when you said these words, to remember how your faith soared, to remember how you found purpoose, to remember how you saw the Face of Love. In this moment, in which you stand, your life is an inspiration of faith and a powerful testimony. So now trust Him more, it is still, not about you, but about Jesus’ love for us. It is about how God will answer our prayers and how He will walk with you and your family. I do not know if He will heal you in this life. But I do know He is with you. And, He will provide for your daughter and wife. I pray for you, your work, and your family, ever sense I met you through You-Tube. Blessings of Christ be upon you forever. IJNA

17. Kathy Akers says:

Praying for a miracle of healing for you. God is able and all things are possible. He is Jehpvah-rapha, the God Who heals! Love in Christ.

18. Our Sunday School class in Allen, Texas is praying for you Nabeel.

19. Lillian Van Vleet says:

Remember the sponge!

20. nene says:

God brings healing in many different ways. I have had Cancer before too and God healed me by leading me through many alternative remedies and standing on His Word.

Please Read Lorraine Day’s work – cancer does not scare me anymore and Andrew Wommacks tapes on God wants you well. We continue to pray for your. The world needs the great work you are doing for the Kindgom. May our precious Lord strengthen you and your family.

21. Lynda Dawson says:

Such a journey Nabeel, as Jesus died on the cross it looked like disaster to the disciples and Lo!!!!!! All we have is Trust in the face of powerlessness isn’t it. I have had cancer twice and know all that we know and believe falls away and all that’s left is me child and God , that’s the bottom line, and surrendering your heart from that place. Clinging to what we are losing causes pain.
    Just fall into Gods arms, He will do the rest. He already knows what your desire is. My prayers are constant for you, they mumble away in my heart constantly. You are a blessing.

22. Betty Scothorn says:

“The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run to it and are safe.” Oh Holy, Righteous Father we ask on Nabeel, Michelle, and Aya’s behalf that you would bring healing to Nabeel’s body and joy and rejoicing to all of us praying on his behalf. May Nabeel find rest and courage to stay strong in Your mighty arms. Amen.

23. Pudentiana says:

Today out of nowhere I was reminded of your work and your trial. I have been praying dear brother, Nabeel, for your complete healing. Never stop praising our Lord for He is faithful and will deliver you. I am praying that you will be here for Aya. May the Lord be merciful.

24. Martha says:

My husband was just diagnosed with an “incurable” cancer. We are praying as you are, and I will add your name to my prayers as well. All I can say is that we don’t understand, but there is nothing but Him.

25. Nabeel, Your faith is being sorely tried and tested and this disease is for a reason we can’t understand. Satan wants you to give up but now more than ever you need to be close to God and trust Him. There is a song called “In His time.” God has a time table and He is in full control. We must pray for God’s will to be done yet we pray for complete healing so you won’t even need any operation. I am praying for you several times during the day. You have wonderful support from Michelle and men of God like Ravi and so many others. Cheer up. We loved watching Aya on one of your videos. She is so beautiful and precious and smart. God is love and He will take care of you in His time. Keep praying and do all you can for your health and wait upon the Lord.

26. Pat says:

I’ve never had a trial like this but I know I have seen the windows of heaven open when the Lord has led me by the Spirit to totally surrender an area of my life – ex. I told God I would not date anymore because I either hurt guys or they hurt me so God would have to bring me a mate. He did! After praying for a bigger house for 10 years., God led me to go outside one day and tell him I wasn’t mad at Him anymore because I never got it. Within a month a huge amount of money came my way and my neighbor called me to see if I wanted to buy her house that was twice as big as mine and included a basement and an inground pool like I had always wanted. I believe surrender is our greatest key. I definitely believe in healing and I, along with many other stand before God and confess that Satan has no right to be in your body. God is your healer. Besides yielding totally to God, I do believe Jordan Rubin’s journey with first Crohns and then cancer might give you some practical nutritional advice.
    You have brought so much truth to the Muslim world and you have touched so many Christian believers through sharing your journey with God. We now have tools to pray and share with Muslims. Thank you so much.
    My daughter and I are praying for you and praising God for His mighty victory in your life and continued victory.

27. Miss Barbara says:

I’m praying believing with you for His healing.

28. Alan says:

Brother Nabeel May Jesus heal you and bless you .. I am praying for you.

29. Alan says:

You searched for the truth and you found it, the truth that Jesus is the True Son of God changed your life. Now we all are asking to bless and heal you and I believe in Jesus Christ that you shall receive His healing and blessings. And once your mission is accomplished on Earth , the mission of spreading the truth, Jesus Christ will be warmly welcoming you by opening the door that you will knock…

30. Natalie says:

Hello Brother Nabeel,
    We were devastated when we heard your cancer diagnosis, especially since I’ve lost family members to this wretched disease.
    As a Christian, nothing happens to us without God allowing it. This then compels us to go back to God and find out why He allowed it.
    There are two ministries (that I know of) that sheds light on how to go about it and they answer the why as well. Katie Souza and Be in Health ministries.

I agree with your prayer and that of thousands more who are asking God to heal you.

31. colleen dcruz says:

Praying for brother Nabeel….God never lets down His own.
    The written word has the power to heal…He sent His word and healed all….you will be healed brother in the Name of Jesus for His namesake.
    The work of God releases the electrifying power that raised Jesus Christ from the grave. Only believe!

Colleen

32. Stephen Gunaraja says:

Hi Bro. Nabeel, May the Peace of the Lord be with you…. I don’t have words to comforts or Strengthen you but I strongly believe the presence of the Lord will make you strong and bold. Every night i keep on praying for you. I intercede before God for your healing. It is very hard moment but Nothing impossible with God. Psalms 23: 4 Yea, though YOU walk through the valley of the shadow of death, YOU will fear no evil: for thou art with YOU; thy rod and thy staff they comfort YOU….. Many people are praying for you in Malaysia. God Bless.

33. Shoba says:

Dear Nabeel, you are an living example of believing in times of sufferings, I pray that God heals you, and give you as the light to lead many more people out of darkness.

34. Grace Ogechi says:

Nabeel,my son Dan is undergoing the same situation,but I know one truth,we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus,and nothing shall separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus

35. Anita Mathews says:

This is Sis Anita Mathews a full time servant of CHRIST ministering among the media people in india,Chennai.On 12/5/17 v prayed for ur healing&GOD gave a special Word which I have sent in ur Twitter kindly immediately see it & receive wat the LORD has for u. AMEN!The LORD be with you.

36. jasmin says:

Praying for Bro Nabeel’s health right now i know nothing is impossible with our big God. King Hezekiah’s prayers for his life to be extended has been granted to him. God added 15 years in his life 2 Kings chapter 20 God is good and He his mercy endures forever.

37. Erica says:

I am taking this journey with you….. holding you, Michelle and Aya dearly in my thoughts and prayers. You are loved of God. In our weakness He is our strength and He is a good Father. Sending you lots of hugs and love from Africa.

38. Karen says:

Nabeel, my heart is heavy for you but my hope in the Lord on your behalf is steadfast.
    I was not Stage 4 but I am a cancer survivor so I can understand the roller coaster of emotions you are trying to process. To all of us…we feel you have more good works to continue doing here. Yet we all know that His ways aren’t our ways and in all we do, it’s His will not ours. Your family, friends and the Christian brothers & sisters whose lives you have touched are praying to the great Healer for a miracle.
    No matter where your future leads you…one way or another….He will take care of His loving son, Nabeel.
    Sending you a hug and I continue to have you in my prayers.

39. T.D.RAJASEKHAR says:

May the good lord Jesus heel you and show you as a example of what he is capable off.here i am going to test the lord.CAN NABEEL BE A GOOD WITNESS IF HE IS DEAD AT SUCH AN YOUNG AGE. I PRAY AND BELIEVE THAT GOD WILL HEAL HIM NOW AND MANY WILL BE CONVINCED THAT JESUS IS GOD.

40. T.D.RAJASEKHAR says:

NABEEL IN THE PRECIOUS NAME OF JESUS YOU WILL BE HEALED.AS IS WRITTEN IN PSALMS,CAN THE DEAD PRAISE GOD FROM THE GRAVE?|

41. Jessica Denhart says:

I am praying for your healing. Your story has meant a great deal in my own faith journey and continues to inspire me. I am heartsick to hear of your struggles. May God’s love and power fill you and heal you. Thank you for sharing your faith and God’s love with the world.

42. Rajesh Joseph says:

Bro Nabeel Gods Glory will shine…Its not Gods will for any 1 to die early especially a servant of God…Lot more work to be done Bro…Goliaths like zakirNaik Imran to be conquered…Ur part of Christ Body and in his Body there is no Lack no cancer …it is pure and whole…God Has already healed u on the cross…As Body of Christ Rebuke and Bind that lie in Jesus Name…U be protected in his blood covering…Waiting to see you tear down these False teachers …Rise…Violent taketh by Force..Be healed …Amen

43. Roger says:

thank you that you are a real person and very honest. I am shocked at the news but I do not know why but the assuarance we have is God is in control and will give you the grace and strength to brave the storm.

44. Karyl Bailey says:

Dearest Nabeel, My husband and I have been praying for you. Your book has helped us in so many ways. Seeing your struggle and choosing the Christian faith is encouragement for our own walk with God, In regard to your fight with cancer, please look diligently into the alternative methods we heard you mention in your video. IV Vit C in correct dosage gives your immune system the jumpstart it needs. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy has been proven a real healer as well. The 700 Club featured a lady with cancer and these two therapies
    healed her. She was featured shortly after your appearance. Whole and Raw Food is good medicine. God Bless you with healing and wholeness.

45. Presence says:

Greetings Nabeel. A very good friend of mine, Wendy, and her husband, John, are two of the best Christians I have ever known. Their love for Christ was a total inspiration. As you know, a great marriage is the best metaphor for Christ’s love for His Church. Wendy & John, in their late 40’s, heard God Call them to adopt children (Wendy was diagnosed years before with one of the largest tumors ever removed from a human in the Western world). The surgery left her infertile. Wendy & John, in answering God’s Call, adopted five children, ages 4 to 9. The Light that was such sacred beauty in their marriage was now glowing brightly in the hearts & minds of their children. About one year after the last adoption was complete, John was diagnosed with severe cancer. He died about 18 months after his diagnosis. Wendy, in all her radiance & devotion, is now a widow with five children, all under the age of 16. During the year that John was going for treatment, I prayed and fasted. I also wrote Wendy under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, every Wednesday morning at 4:30am. Why 4:30am? I am Catholic, and our little Parish does a 33 hour Eucharistic Adoration. My hour is 3:00am to 4:00am. I chose this time slot because my family in Kazakhstan is Muslim; and I thought that their was 12 hour time difference between my home in NC and Almaty, KZ. At 3:00am in NC, it was 3:00pm in KZ; 3:00pm, the Hour of Mercy. I have maintained my Eucharist devotion at 3:00am for years.

You mentioned Mexico (Tepeyac). Yes, our Mother appeared there on 12 December 1531. She also appeared multiple times in Lourdes, France beginning 11 February 1858. She also appeared at Fatima, Portugal on 13 May 1917. If you were to see her, you would not want to stay here below. You do not see her, because your heart is with your daughter, understandably.

Jesus’ Mother understands too. Love her in faith. Your love for Mary will never diminish your love for Jesus; it will increase it.

If I could only make one suggestion, for the sake of your daughter, it is this: Read the Bread of Life Discourse in John again. Read it in a Catholic church that is empty; no parishioners. Then, prayerfully consider the truth claims of the discourse. If your heart is moved to accept this scripture as true, present yourself to the Bishop. Tell him (via email or a letter or in-person ) that it’s a matter of life and death. Have the Bishop select a sponsor for you; it will probably be a Priest, but it could be a qualified layperson that the Bishop knows personally. Allow the Holy Spirit to renew your mind so you can receive Christ in The Eucharist worthily. To receive Christ in The Eucharist is to receive the very essence of Jesus. The power that raised Lazarus from the dead is now living viscerally & mystically within you, reinforced every time you receive Communion.

Nabeel, my brother, when I first heard of your illness a few days, my heart was aching; I was in agony. I have a measure of knowledge of your suffering. Trust Christ, the only Physician, to heal you for His Glory. Seek Him in His fullness. The Eucharist is Christ, really, truly, substantially present. In all of this, recall our Mother. The Blood that saves us flowed thru Mary first.

Nabeel, my brother; trust me. It is not me that wrote these words, but the One who sent me to you. I love you! -Presence. John 6:22-63

46. Ammu Cherian says:

Praying for a miraculous healing.

47. Eddy Jesudian says:

Nabeel
    I just got up from off my knees, having prayed for your healing by the true and living God, who while He was on earth 2000 years ago, healed, brought back to life and was himself crucified, dead, buried and rose victorious from the grave, and is seated at the right hand of all authority of our Heavenly Father.
    Eddy

48. Sheri says:

Nabeel, try Dr. Allen Sprinkle, in Arlington, Tx. I know this sounds crazy, because he is a dentist! However, he is also a holistic doctor and has many cancer healing stories. I had granuloma annulare for 15 years, and he healed me with fish oil and cilantro oil. It’s worth a call! http://www.hareliefalternatives.com

I will be praying for a miracle for you. Have peace in knowing His plan is greater than anything we can imagine, and will bring glory to Him. What a magnificent servant you are, a beacon for the rest of us.

May God bless you, encourage you, sustain you, and give you strength during your arduous journey.

49. Aadil Farook says:

FROM AN EX-AGNOSTIC:

Throughout history, genius people have walked on this planet
    Nature blessed them with gifts otherwise impossible to exhibit
    Scientists presented theories that changed our outlook upside-down
    Philosophers generated ideas which made all other opinions drown
    Artists displayed talents adding new dimensions to life’s beauty
    Poets and Writers granted insights undiscovered by majority
    Leaders showed us the path towards a major revolution
    Humanitarians proved love’s power beyond any emotion
    Inventors changed the world with introduction of technology
    Saints manifested evidence for our potential for morality
    Sportsmen unveiled how practice leads to perfection
    Hitler personified intellect led by evil ambition
    We should ask what is the method for measuring the greatness of any human?
    Grandeur of purpose, scarcity of means and astounding results are the criterion
    Who is that one king among mankind
    who must capture our heart and mind?
    whose knowledge hasn’t yet been surpassed by any scholar
    whose unparalleled success is both spiritual and secular
    who conquered everything whether beliefs, ethics, law or land
    whose teachings make ideals and reality both go hand in hand
    who was a thinker, mystic, legislator, soldier, orator and ruler
    who defied the division between politics and religious fervor
    whose strategy on peace and war stands the test of time
    whose guidance is for every age practical and sublime
    whose economic principles can end the crisis of our generation
    whose treatise on medicine can give health a vital direction
    who alone brought a system of values and acts
    with not a single flaw if based on only facts
    whose message transcends language, race, culture and nationality
    who is in the modern era, the most misunderstood personality
    In tainting his image, the enemies of truth have tried their best
    Innumerable books against him are written ignorantly in the West
    Since critics cannot undermine his achievement’s immensity
    The only way left is to attack his character’s integrity
    A layman who doesn’t understand the complexity of his mission
    is easily influenced by such distorted discourse’s narration
    I challenge the educated and literate individuals
    Can you name one man with superior credentials?
    Infront of his caliber and righteousness, I submit
    He is none other than Muhammad, the last Prophet!